Learning Goal: I’m working on a mechanical engineering practice test / quiz and need support to help me learn.
I am working on 3 questions exam in Mechanical Vibrations: the exam will be based on MODELING AND FREE VIBRATIONth
The exam method will be based on the HW (find the file attached)
– It has to be hand written then scan to pdf
– exam duration is 50 min for 3 questions
– equations sheet has to be submitted with the exam ( we do it before we start)
– the exam file will be given after we start the questions
Only bid if you are familiar with the course.
Instructions were given in hw may help
1. We will not deal with nonlinear elements.
2. We will not use Lagrange’s equations. If a problem says to use Lagrange’s method, you
are to use FBDs along with Newton (translational) and Euler (rotational) laws.
3. It will be good practice for you to compute the EOM using force and moment balance
methods, and energy methods, and find the equivalent mass me, and stiffness ke, for all
relevant problems, no matter what the problem statement asks for.
4. For your practice it is useful for all problems to compute the damping factor, the critical
damping value Ccr, the undamped (ωn) and damped (ωd) frequencies, the log decrement
(δ), and understand how these are related to the system response.